Skip to Main Content
Skip to Footer links
Staff Guidelines for Assisting Library Users with Disabilities
- Public Service staff will provide an immediate response to user requests that do as much as possible to meet the requested need.
- Staff will offer assistance to complete the request in keeping with departmental services for extended assistance (such as consultations, returning at a later time for completed work, etc.)
- Staff will apprise users about campus and community assistance resources as appropriate.
- Staff will be aware of the specific services provided by UH Manoa Libraries.
- Assist users in moving to the stairwells in Phases I and II. In Phase III assist users in moving to the Area of Rescue Assistance (ARA).
- Notify Campus Security that there are people in stairwells and ARA's.