Policies & Guidelines - Guidelines for Establishing a Community
Guidelines for Establishing a Community
Return to all policies and guidelines.
Steps to Set Up a ScholarSpace Community
- Become familiar with the ScholarSpace policies.
- Decide on the basic structure of your Community.
- Compile the required information (see below).
- Contact a ScholarSpace Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Needed to Start a ScholarSpace Community
- Name of Community Liason
- Community Page:
- Name of community
- Description (optional)
- Logo (optional)
- Sub-community pages (optional):
- Names of sub-communities
- Logo(s) for sub-communities (optional)
- Descriptions of sub-communities (optional)
- Collection pages:
- Name(s) of collections within each community or sub-community
- Logo(s) for collection(s) (optional)
- Descriptions of collections(s) (optional)
- Brief descriptions (one line) of collections to appear on community or sub-community page (optional)
- For each collection:
- Names and email addresses of submitters
- Names and email addresses of people in workflow roles (optional):
- Reviewer (can accept or reject items)
- Metadata Editor (can only change metadata before it is in ScholarSpace)
- Coordinator (can accept, reject, or change metadata before item is in ScholarSpace)
- Collection Administrator (can change metadata after item is in ScholarSpace)
your Community's ScholarSpace administrator or write email@example.com if you have questions about
Return to Top of Page
Appreciation is given to the University of Oregon and Massachusetts Institute of Technology for providing some of the
information on these pages.