Policies and Guidelines
University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
Establishing a Community or Collection
To set up a eVols Community at UHM, follow these basic steps:
- The head of community becomes familiar with the eVols policies as outlined on the Policies and Guidelines page.
- Decide on the basic structure of your community
- whether there will be sub-communities, and what collections you will establish.
- Decide which workflow steps you'd like to establish for each collection. (Workflows are optional. See details below.)
Information Needed for Community Start-up
- Name of Community Liason
- Community Page:
- Name of community
- Description (optional)
- Logo (optional)
- Sub-community pages (optional):
- Names of sub-communities
- Logo(s) for sub-communities (optional)
- Descriptions of sub-communities (optional)
- Collection pages:
- Name(s) of collections within each community or sub-community
- Logo(s) for collection(s) (optional)
- Descriptions of collections(s) (optional)
- Brief descriptions (one line) of collections to appear on community or sub-community page (optional)
- For each collection:
- Names and email addresses of submitters
- Names and email addresses of people in workflow roles (optional):
- Reviewer (can accept or reject items)
- Metadata Editor (can only change metadata before it is in eVols)
- Coordinator (can accept, reject, or change metadata before item is in eVols)
- Collection Administrator (can change metadata after item is in eVols)
Contact your Community's eVols administrator or write firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about eVols policies.
Return to Top of Page
Appreciation is given to the University of Oregon and Massachusetts Institute of Technology for providing some of the information on these pages.