Japanese American Veterans Collection
Selected Bibliography of Resources in the UH Library
Books | Bibliographies | Periodicals | Audio and Video Recordings| Subject Headings
Audio and Video Recordings
The videos and audio recordings listed below are located in the Wong Audiovisual Center in Sinclair Library at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. The Microfilms are in Hamilton Library. Please consult the UH Library's online catalog for additional information.
- Chin, Sara. CrossCurrents radio series, Program #1 [sound recording]. San Francisco, CA: distributed by CrossCurrents Media/NAATA, 1985. (UHM AV/C: Tape 3086)
- Ihara, Teruo. Talk on the 442nd Experience to the Army ROTC. Honolulu: East-West Center, 197?. (UHM AV/C: Tape 1521)
- Japanese Americans in Hawaii. n.p., 1991.
- Thirteenth Annual Pacific Islands Studies Conference. Cultural Encounters in the Pacific War. Honolulu: East-West Center, 1988.
- Vaughan, Palani. Kaulana na pua, Helu ekahi = Vol.1. Honolulu, HI: Na Kahili Products, 1986.
- The 442nd: Duty, Honor & Loyalty. Honolulu: Video Rights Corp., 1998. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 15257)
- Aloha Sakura. JN Productions, 1994.
- American at Heart. California: Paul Hara, 1993. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 12253)
- Amerika Dai-442 Hohei Rentai: Nikkei Niseitachi no Dainijin Seikai Taisen. Tokyo: Bungei Shunju, 1996. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 15258)
- Beyond Barbed Wire. Monterey, CA: Mac and Ava Picture Productions, 1997.
- Bocken, Luci and Katriel Schory. Yankee Samurai: The Little Iron Men. Oak Forest, IL: MPI Home Video, 1985.
- Children of the rising sun. Honolulu: KGMB, 1985. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 421)
- Camp Shelby Homecoming and Monument Dedication, June 15-18, 1995, Hattiesburg, Mississippi : "Go For Broke" 442 Regimental Combat Team, 100th Infantry Battalion, S Co. Military Intelligence Service, 171st Infantry Battalion. Sl : National Japanese-American Historical Society, AJA Veterans Council, Hawaii 100th/442nd Veterans Association, 1995 (UHM: DZ 95E30.01)
- Dan the Man. Honolulu: Aloha Council, Boy Scouts of America, 1988.
- Ding, Loni. The Color of Honor. San Francisco: Vox Productions, 1987.
- Ding, Loni. Nisei Soldier: Standard Bearer for an Exiled People. San Francisco: Vox Productions, 1983.
- From Bullets to Ballots. Los Angeles: Japanese American National Museum, 1997.
- From Hawaii to the Holocaust: A Shared Moment in History. Santa Monica, CA: Direct Cinema Limited, 1993. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 9416)
- Ganbare: Don't give up! Honolulu: Tom Moffat Multimedia, 1994.
- Giugni, Heather H. Daniel K. Inouye: An American Story. Honolulu: Juniroa Productions, 2003.
- Go for broke [movie script]. S.l., s.n., 1950 (UHM: PN1997 .G65 1950a)
- Go for broke [videorecording]. Hauppauge, NY: Video Treasures, 1986. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 1390)
- Guilty by Reason of Race. National Broadcasting Co., Released by Films Incorporated, 1972.
- Heiwa Peace Poetry. Honolulu: s.n. 1996. (UHM AV/C: 14023)
- Hara, Paul. American at Heart: A Video. California: P. Hara, 1993.
- Honor Bound, a Personal Journey. New York, NY: Filmmaker’s Library, 1995. (UHM AV/C: 13455)
- Ho'ohanohano na koa: Honor the Warriors. Honolulu: KITV, 1991.
- The Hundred Year Journey. Honolulu: JN Productions, 1985.
- It's Peace! Honolulu: n.p., 1990. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 3276)
- Japanese American Citizens League, Honolulu Chapter. Justice Betrayed. Honolulu: Maneki Productions, 1992.
- Japanese American National Museum. National Salute to Japanese American Veterans, November 8, 1995, Los Angeles Convention Center. Los Angeles: The Museum, 1995.
- Japanese Americans. Bala Cynwyd, PA: Schlessinger Video Productions, 1993.
- Justice now! Reparations now! Los Angeles: National Coalition Redress/Reparations,1988.
- Kinaga, Patricia. 442nd: For the Future. Pacific Film Currents, 1997.
- Kokoro and Aloha: Songs of the Heart, A History of the Japanese People in Hawaii. Honolulu: Governor's Coordinating Committee, 1985 Japanese 100th Anniversary Celebration, 1985. (UHM: Videotape 575)
- Looking Like the Enemy: A Video Essay on the Paradoxes of Race and the Ironies of War. Los Angeles: Japanese American National Museum, 1995.
- Memory of War. Honolulu: KHON, 1991.
- Metro Goldwyn Mayer. Go for Broke. Hauppauge, NY: Video Treasures, 1986.
- Mission in Manila: The Sakakida Story. San Francisco: National Japanese American Historical Society, 1994.
- Narahara, Sheryl. Fifty Years of Silence: The Untold Story of Japanese American Soldiers in the Pacific Theater, 1941- 1952. Produced by the Military Intelligence Service and the National Japanese American Historical Society. San Francisco: The Society, 1992.
- National salute to Japanese American veterans, November 8, 1995, Los Angeles Convention Center. Los Angeles, CA: The Museum, c1995. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 15259)
- Newnham, Nicole. Unforgettable Face. San Francisco, CA: Distributed by National Asian American Telecommunications Association, 1993. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 12549)
- Nisei Soldiers Who Fought Against Their Mother Country: Testimony After 50 Years of Silence. Nippon Golden Network, 1998.
- Nishijima, Paul Y., and Ann Brandman. December 7/September 11. Hawaii: West Island Productions, 2001.
- Omori, Emiko. Rabbit in the Moon. San Francisco: Wabi-Sabi Productions, 1999.
- One Puka Puka: 100th Infantry Battalion. Honolulu: Lee Enterprises, 1992. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 6806)
- Our Journey of Honor: 50th Anniversary Reunion, March 24-28, 1993. Honolulu: 442nd Veterans Club, 1993. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 8891)
- The Panel: The First Exchange. Honolulu : Hawaii Holocaust Project, 1989. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 2205)
- Pirosh, Robert. Go for Broke! VCI Entertainment, 2002.
- Return of the 442nd. n.p., 1991. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 11270)
- Reunion: The 50th Anniversary Celebration of the 442nd. Honolulu: JN Productions, 1993. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 8307)
- San Mateo County Community College. Starting Over: Japanese Americans After the War. San Mateo, CA: KCSM-TV, 1996.
- Schory, Katriel. Yankee Samurai: the little iron men. Oak Forrest, IL: MPI Home Video, 1985. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 3909)
- Song of the Imin: A Hundred Year Story. Honolulu: KHON, 1985.
- Tajiri, Rea, Noel Shaw, and Sokhi Wagner. History and Memory: for Akiko and Takashige. New York: Women Make Movies, 1991.
- Tennoheika to Hawaii no nikkeijin: Emperor Showa and the Japanese in Hawaii. Honolulu: JN Productions, 1989.
- Tsuno, Keiko. Invisible Citizens: Japanese Americans. New York: Downtown Community Television Center, 1983.
- Unlikely Liberators: Mission to Japan. Honolulu: n.p., 1995.
- V-Day Parade: Return of the 100th and 442nd. Honolulu: Samuel Mukaida, 1945. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 7225)
- Voices of Immigrants. Honolulu: KHAI, 1985.
- Watadori: Birds of Passage. San Francisco: Visual Communications Productions, Asian American Studies Central, 1975.
- We Must Never Forget: The 100th/442nd/ M.I.S. World War II Japanese American Veterans Memorial. Los Angeles: Visual Communications, 199?.
- We Remember: the Kobayashi story. Honolulu, HI: Kobayashi Travel Service and Minicam Video Productions, 1991. (UHM AV/C: Videotape 8876)
- Yamane, Stuart. Journey of Honor. Honolulu: Hawaii Public Television, 2001.
- Yatagai, Cindy. Videotapes on the 442 nd Regimental Combat Team, 100th Infantry Battalion, 552nd [i.e. 522nd] Field Artillery Battalion, and 441st Counter Intelligence Corps. Honolulu: The Center, 1995. (UHM: D753.8 .Y38 1995)
- Americans of Japanese ancestry and their contributions to the Second World War. N.p, n.d. (UHM Sinclair: Microfilm 1792)
Return to Top of Page